Ok, it seems to come from the parameter "String value" in my onButtonClicked
statement. I removed it and the event is now handled. However it appears
that I am not allowed to return a JSONObject from the OnButtonClicked
method. May be is it not possible with this kind of component.

But perhaps you can still help me. I am trying to make a research function
for my interface. For the moment, it works great with the following code :

gentoo.tml :
<t:textfield t:id="textfield" t:value="textFieldValue" t:mixins="OnEvent"
event="blur" onCompleteCallback="onSearchRequest" />

gentoo.java :
@OnEvent(component = "textfield", value = "blur")
        public JSONObject onBlurEvent(String value) {
                System.out.println("Event Caught !");
                String translatedValue = "Package not found !";
                try {
                   String
category=applicationManager.getCategoryFromApplication(value);
                   if (category != null) {
                        translatedValue = "This package is located in category
<strong>"+category+"</strong>.";
                   }
                   return new JSONObject().put("translatedValue",
translatedValue);}
                catch(Exception e){}
                return new JSONObject().put("translatedValue", translatedValue);
        }

gentoo.js :
/* This is to update the Textfield component 'result' */
function onSearchRequest(response) {
        $('result').update("Search result(s) : "+response.translatedValue);
}

My problem is that the search is performed on "blur" event (when the user
click anywhere outside the textfield box) whereas I would like to perform it
when the user click on a button instead. So that is why I believed I could
trigger this event by changing the "blur" event into a "clicked" event.

Does anyone know how I can simply do that ?