Angelo Chen schrieb:
I got two reasons not using Eclipse:

1) crashes, it just simply crashed even sitting there, probably it's getting
better now.

I cannot confirm that. Eclipse works very stable for our little development shop. When something screws up, maven is the culprit, at least at our place.

I really like Mylyin and it's bugzilla integration, but must admit that I don't know if InteliJ has something similar.

2) don't know what to download, so many versions out there, and never find
out which one is correct for me, in front of Eclipse I'm really a newbie:)

The "Eclipse IDE for Java developers" works quite well. But it is annoying that some important plugins require extra effort to install (like svn or RunJettyRun).

Andy