Craig St. Jean wrote:
I haven't had Eclipse (or products based on it) crash in a LONG time.  I do
however have it lock up for a couple minutes at a time several times a day.
 Incredibly frustrating when you have unsaved files.
Concurrent collector may help remove those pauses. Something like (eclipse.ini):

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Though some plug-ins or Eclipse itself sometimes leak so you have to restart it from time to time.
I remember I was using Eclipse 3.2 a couple of years ago and I timed it as
being locked up for literally 16 minutes, as I was trying to do a save
all... (though now its almost always less than 3 minutes)