Thanks for your response Thiago.

This is my java code for that page.

public class Contact
{
        @SessionState
        private jiraDataSource jDO;

        private HashMap <String, ArrayList<Issue>> issuesList;

        private Collection<ArrayList<Issue>> issuesSet;

        private Collection<String> issueKeys;

        private ArrayList<Issue> issues;

        private String issueKey;

        private Issue issue;

        void onActivate()
        {
                issuesList =jDO.getAllIssuesLists();
        }

        public void setIssuesList(HashMap <String, ArrayList<Issue>> issuesList)
        {
                this.issuesList = issuesList;
        }

        public HashMap <String, ArrayList<Issue>> getIssuesList()
        {
                return issuesList;
        }

        public Collection <String> getIssueKeys()
        {
                issueKeys = issuesList.keySet();
                return issueKeys;
        }

        public Collection<ArrayList<Issue>> getIssuesSet()
        {
                issuesSet = issuesList.values();
                return issuesSet;
        }

        public void setIssues(ArrayList<Issue> cI)
        {
                this.issues = cI;
        }

        public ArrayList<Issue>getIssues()
        {
                return issues;
        }

        public void setIssueKey(String iK)
        {
                this.issueKey = iK;
        }

        public String getIssueKey()
        {
                return issueKey;
        }

        public Issue getIssue()
        {
                return issue;
        }

        public void setIssue(Issue i)
        {
                this.issue = i;

So just to explain what I think the logic to what I have coded is, (this may
be the issue :)) when i say ognl:issuelist.get(issueKey) it passes the value
from setIssueKey() and it should be returning an arraylist and because my
arraylist has issue objects, the setIssue() function should get called,
correct?

Carlo