Em Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:36:46 -0300, Dennis Kühn <ku...@mediaworx.com> escreveu:

Hi everyone,

Hi!

I'm a Tapestry beginner and am getting started with T5 now.

Welcome to Tapestry and the mailing list! :)

All I've seen so far looks really good and I found myself giggling while coding my first pages .. a good sign I guess ;)

That's a very good sign: it seems you're learning quickly and enjoying the framework. :)

Before Tapestry I have evaluated JSF and found it quite neat how you can manipulate a component on the server side.

But it's quite hard to understando and implement . . .

In Tapestry, I found I can inject a component instance into my page class via @InjectComponent. However, when I tried this with a checkbox component, I noticed there are no methods for changing the component (e.g. myCheckbox.setDisabled(true)). What's the preferred way to do this?

Use Checkbox's disabled parameter and bind it to a page property:

<input t:type="Checkbox" t:disabled="checkboxDisabled"/>

public boolean isCheckboxDisabled() {
        // logic here

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago