Em Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:28:48 -0300, Geoff Callender <geoff.callender.jumpst...@gmail.com> escreveu:

Isn't this simply due to a Maven convention which has passed its "use by" date?

I don't think so.

Why not put .java, .tml, and .properties together in the source tree, and compile them all into WEB-INF/classes/ where they're automatically hidden from the users?

Maven, when packaging a web app, copies all the files inside src/main/resources to the classpath root folder (WEB-INF/classes in web applications).
The issue here is about how Tapestry handles asset classpath requests.

Surely this makes so much sense. It's what I do with Ant and it seems to work a treat. Or have I missed something?

Yes. :) In this case, Ant and Maven are just different tools used to package webapps.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago