http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/guide/request.html

BTW: http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/guide/rendering.html is still not working. (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-813)

Uli

On 10.09.2009 12:00 schrieb Michael Gerzabek:
Sebastian, great job! The main point is your thesis of missing 50 to 80 percent of potential new customers. What a waste of time and brainpower!!!

I completely agree in selling the stuff to new users. This could as you pointed out very elegantly with rather small changes in the structure and graphical design.

Anyway. What I see as an urgent need though are some high level architecture overviews like the one of the component rendering [1]. For example what was hard to learn for me was the concept of how the request ist processed. A single picture of the different cycles of render-request and action-request (and when what setup is important and how achieved) would solve a lot of problems. And I'm sure there are many other concepts as well.

Kudos Sebastian!

Michael

[1] http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/rendering.html

Hennebrueder schrieb:
Hello,
I have made a quick and dirty analysis of the website, defining roles of new and existing users, specifying the needs of those groups and validating if the current website fullfills these needs.
From there on, I have developed a new information concept.

Please, see this as discussion proposal and please keep in mind, that I haven't proof read this many times. I would appreciate your comments, especially have a look if I have overlooked something in the user modelling or requirement analysis and of course in the information concept.

I will set up a page, showing how a possible page could look like.

There is a task list which needs to be validated as it might be incomplete, wrong or conflict with infrastructure limitations we have.

I attached the analysis as OpenOffice Document and PDF.