There's a lib dependency problem between chenillekit and tapestry.
You should add and exclussion in the chenillekit tapestry dependency.
Add this to your pom.xml file

  <dependency>
        <groupId>org.chenillekit</groupId>
            <artifactId>chenillekit-tapestry</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.0</version>
           * <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <artifactId>javassist</artifactId>
                    <groupId>jboss</groupId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>*
   </dependency>
I have mended the issue and it works! I made a change in the Eclipse
build path and added the jar file.

About the WEB-INF/lib it seems empty. I don't have much experience
with webapps, as it's obvious. But I'm running it with Maven and it
must be locating the libs in another place. I don't understand very
well why changing the Eclipse config did arrange it, but it's welcome.

Thanks for the hint, Sven. :-D