Cleverpig:
In my AppModule and ServerModule (I have 2 modules) I have nothing
related to logging. I only have "bindings" between services interfaces
and implementations, then I have request filters (hibernate filter),
and finally I have advisors for services (this is like spring
interceptors, but without XML's :)

In my-package.base, I have "BasePage" where I have:

(import org.slf4j.Logger)
    @Inject private Logger logger;

and that's all, I can use that logger (it has getter) in every page
(all of my pages extends BasePage) and it works out of the box, I
don't have to bind anything in modules. Hope it helps