Em Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:35:24 -0300, formpost <formp...@hotmail.com> escreveu:

The problem is that the submit button doesn't fire an event.

Your form does not need the Submit component, just an ordinary <input type="submit"> HTML tag.

There seems to be no client error. but it seems to stop somewhere during the Tapestry.waitForPage javascript call. I'm on linux and using firefox 3.5 as my browser.

Use the Web Developer or Firebug to know where exactly the problem is and them post it here please.

If I remove the submit button, and add the onclick event to my checkbox, I get the submit event but I get "Could not find a coercion from type
java.lang.String to type Item"  What string is trying to be coerced here?

A checkbox needs to be bound to a boolean property, and you're tring to bind it to an Item.

 public void onSubmit() {
    for(Item i : items) {
      System.out.println("onSubmit:   " + i.isToBeDeleted());

The event fired by the Submit component is named "selected". Form does not fire any event named "submit".

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago