And you'd be well advised to get in the habit of doing all the work in onValidate() because errors occurring in onSuccess() won't display properly:

        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1972

Cheers,

Geoff

On 21/10/2009, at 7:42 PM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:

Please read the first paragraph of [1]. In short: submit gets fired regardless of the validation outcome, success if validation was successful, failure if not. validateForm is fired after the individual field's validate events and allows for cross-field validation.

Uli

[1]
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Form.html