Couldn't it be a hybrid approach? One day or week coding Tapestry, then
the next writing the book?

By the way, I'd love write a Tapestry book. One company here at Belo
Horizonte, Brazil has just contracted me to have both introductory and
advanced Tapestry courses. My plans are to write the textbooks with the
target of being transformed in a book later, first in Portuguese, then
translated to English. The more Tapestry books, the better.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.