Joost i am aware of Spring Integration with Quartz and we are using
it. The problem is that we are using some Chains of Responsibilities
defined in tapestry in our Spring beans (using the filter integration
this is not a problem at all) however if we want to have the same
functionality in a standalone mode we would not be able anything at
all from tapestry ioc.

I know it's a bit weird to mix IoC, sadly the decision was to use
spring instead of Tapestry IoC and in a few cases make use of tapestry
IoC (specially to make use of the distributed configuration). That's
why we need to have Tapestry Services inside our Spring beans in stand
alone mode.

Thanks a lot for ur help