I've got a typical Tapestry-hibernate webapplication. There's some
data stored in the database that never really changes (until it does)
and some selected services read it at start-up, then cache it (an
example of this data is an external soap service address). To avoid
having to restart the webapplication to refresh the data in the
services, what's the best way to do database to service notifications?

In the past, I've used custom Hibernate interceptors to do this with a
few different communication mechanism depending on whether I have a
single or multiple webapps that operate on the same data. I could use
the same or as a simple hack, I could just inject the service and
update it on the page/service that handles the edit transaction.
However, as a generic best practice, I wonder if somebody's already
built something for this - for example a configurable Hibernate entity
interceptor advisor similar to HibernateTransactionAdvisor?

Kalle