Thanks Thiago. Yes, 2nd level cache is great for some use cases and I
use them whevever possible but not in this case - when this data
changes, the new data needs to picked up immediately. Evicting the
cache doesn't give me much more - I still need to add in the logic to
evict it - although, a configurable cache evicting Hibernate
transaction advisor would be simpler to write... hmm maybe you got
something there. Any other takers?

Kalle