Lutz,

Having seen some discussions in the past about the history of Tapestry, I'm
wondering what the status of Tapestry with CDI support will be. In other
words, is it again going to result a new major release incompatible with
previous versions? I think CDI in it's current form, if should be supported,
would require some fundamental changes to the core of Tapestry's IoC that
would definitely result in API break. At least the Spring guys also say so
about their framework.

I have an idea, may be a controversial one. I've seen much about Tapestry
and think it's a nice Framework. But what I still don't understand is why
it's not widely in use. It existed before Wicket but Wicket is far more
popular. I don't think it's only because it's users are very vocal. There is
also a saying that a good product sometimes sells itself.
My proposition is why not let Tapestry and Wicket join hands, migrate some
of the nice ideas to Wicket and lets try to go standardize Wicket as a JSR.

Again, I know this is a controversial proposition that might result in some
immature ones labeling and calling me names, as I've seen in the archives.
On the other hand I know there are wise and intelligent ones in this
community who would offer constructive arguments. It is these group of
people that I'll consider serious.

Gerald