While it's true that other frameworks (Grails, Wicket, Rails) have
large numbers of integrations, if you talk to real developers you find
out that the majority of those integrations are not actually usable
for production work. All too often, they are orphaned, unsupported,
incomplete, naive or coded against an earlier version of the core
framework ... or some combination of all of those.

I do a lot of training and consulting on Tapestry with a lot of groups
and what I find is that one size does not fit all, even for simple
things like user authentication/login. I'm quite happy to have a
limited number of basic integrations that are documented, supported
and tested.  Would I like every application to just be a matter of
mixing pre-built modules together?  Yes.  Do I think it is realistic,
for ANY framework?  No.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry