One more thing to add to Peter's mail:
I'm not a security expert, I know some common exploits and how to secure
against them but certainly these guys are much more informed than me (spring
security - apache shiro devs). That's why even on small apps that have a
face on the web i use them. Security is something that I don't want to worry
later nor my knowledge area, how many people on this list constantly go to
sites devoted to security? excluding Kalle of course : ), JM2C.