Security by ignorance does not work in general if you want to secure your site
you better know what you are doing otherwise hire someone who can explain
how to do it but never blindly trust anyone.

In general though security is no rocket science, although ppl developing
frameworks and tools around it purposefully or not would make you believe
otherwise.