Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> Seems like a bug to me that if you turn ENCODE_LOCALE_INTO_PATH off,
> it doesn't then substitute some other approach (like a cookie from
> 5.0, or a query parameter).

I'm trying to add that other approach. So far I've added a link creation
listener via the LinkCreationHub as stated by the JavaDoc for
ENCODE_LOCALE_INTO_PATH. That gets called, if ENCODE_LOCALE_INTO_PATH is set
to false and the locale encoding now appears as a query parameter
(eventually I want to use cookies but query parameter is more visible for
the moment).

I see a number of @Inject Locale in different places. However I could not
yet figure out how to let Tapestry know what the new locale is.

In ComponentEventLinkEncoderImpl.decodePageRenderRequest() I see that the
locale is taken from the URL and then it gets set via the
LocalizationSetter. I don't see how I can intercept that and take the Local
from my way of preserving it.

-----
--
http://www.caimito.net - Caimito One Team - Agile Collaboration and Planning