Did you replace the mypackage with your actual package name?

Lets say your AppModule lives in

com.domain.services

your  AbstractSelectModel should be places in

com.domain.base

Hope it helps,
Joost

kamiseq wrote:
hi all,
I run into a strange problem, I was googling for this, but still have no
idea what is going on :(

i followed the
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowtoSelectWithObjects and after
running the page I got error message

java.lang.RuntimeException: Base class
org.apache.tapestry5.util.AbstractSelectModel (super class of
pl mypackage.components.utils.SelectCollectionModel) is not in a controlled
package and is therefore not valid. You should try moving the class to
package mypackage.base.

just to try I refactored my code and put my class
into mypackage.base.SelectCollectionModel like I was asked - no change. the
problem persisted.

please help

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński