I'm glad you were able to figure it out. Yes, we've tried to make the
whole setup as easy as possible. One option is to copy the
themes/tapestryskin resources from target to source so you don't have
move things around, then remove war dependency from the pom (it uses a
specific Maven functionality called war overlays, see
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-overlay.html).
However, we recognize this part is still not as nice as it could be,
especially for development and we've opened an issue to improve things
for the next version.

Kalle