On Mar 10, 2010, at 5:47 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

Seems like we keep hitting the error where people change web.xml,
rename their filter, and are confused that their AppModule is no
longer loaded.

That is precisely my issue! IT WORKS! Thanks.

I think the way that T5 locates the module class from the filter name
is over-engineered.

I think it should just be fixed as "AppModule", in the services
package, end of story.

Thoughts?

Is there utility in a multi-module tapestry app?

The other possibility would be to fail to initialize if it does not find the *Module.class it expects? I would have caught on if there was an exception like "cannot locate class: %{prefix}/services/ [MyKillerApp]Module", and whereas the vast majority of security measures would be dependent on the contents of the class being able to casually "unlink" it in a config file is a bit disconcerting.

Thanks again!

--
Robert Hailey

--