Hi everyone. I've been using Tapestry 5 for a while. I like it, but I can't seem to get logging working.

In my page java class I have this:

@Inject
private Logger log;

Object onSuccess() {
    log.debug("Tim was here.");
    return null;
}

This compiles and runs. I would like to see that message in a log file somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. I've looked through Tomcat's logs (catalina, hiost-manager, and manager), and I've looked on the console that I started Tomcat from, but I can't find it.

I'm not using the Maven setup. Apparently it makes a log4j.properties file somewhere. I tried making one and I put it in my WEB-INF/classes folder. I also tried putting it in WEB-INF/. Neither seemed to work. The contents of my log4j.properties file is this:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, R
log4j.appender.R.File=C:\\work\\tomcat\\logs\\timslogfile.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=ERROR, R

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

--
Tim Koop
t...@timkoop.com <mailto:t...@timkoop.com>