yes, you are right thread.sleep does not look like the right approach, it does
not scale either. thanks

----- Original Message ----
From: Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <thiag...@gmail.com>
To: Tapestry users <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, 25 May, 2010 6:41:08 AM
Subject: Re: comet implementation issue

On Mon, 24 May 2010 21:45:16 -0300, rajesh sukumaran <rajeshs_...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> This behavior is not limited to the reverse ajax call but it is seen with all
> the pages. It is as if the polling for page change stops with the reverse
> ajax call. Can a Thread.sleep(...) in a dispatcher cause the page change
> polling to stop?

I'm not sure, but that's possible. Instead of using Thread.sleep(), which has
the potential of causing a deadlock, try using wait() and notifyAll() instead.

--Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br