As an Apache Shiro committer and a strong proponent of Tapestry, I'm
proud to announce the 0.2.0 release and immediate availability of
tapestry-security module, which represents the best and most
comprehensive security framework integration for Tapestry 5
applications. I can say that since it's largely written by others :)
Tapestry-security is based on the great work by Valentin Yerastov, the
original author of tapestry-jsecurity. Later on, JSecurity became an
Apache project and was renamed to Apache Shiro, the first official
release of which (as an Apache project) was recently made. Alejandro
Scandroli, who else, updated the code to use the latest Shiro APIs and
finally, we added a few other bells and whistles on top of it all.
Pierce Wetter gets an honorable mention of being a guinea pig and
starting to use tapestry-security all without documentation (so it
can't be that bad). Now both tapestry-security and Shiro even have
proper documentation, read more from our tapestry-security guide
(http://tynamo.org/tapestry-security+guide). Hope you find the module
as useful as we have!

Enjoy,
Tynamo team