> I'm getting "a different object with the same identifier value was already
> associated with the session" from hibernate.

When are you seeing the error? I don't use ajaxformloop but I'd guess
that your object is getting deserialized from the loop data stored in
the form.  Then you are trying to save the deserialized object instead
of the one that you probably looked up in the db from an event
method..

If you use a debugger you can trace the problem back by:
1. use a setter for your data object
2. set a break point in the setter
3. look at the stacktrace to see who's setting the value.

if you aren't using a debugger you can just dump the stack trace from
the setter.
new Throwable().getStackTrace();

Hope something in that is useful...
Josh

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Jim O'Callaghan
<j...@peritussolutions.com> wrote:
> I've been playing around with ajaxformloop for the guts of a day and am
> having some issues with it I'm hoping someone can set me straight on.  I see
> that DefaultPrimaryKeyEncoder is deprecated (I'm using T5.2.0-SNAPSHOT) and
> I'm getting "a different object with the same identifier value was already
> associated with the session" from hibernate.  I've seen this before and am
> familiar with the hibernate reason for it.  Can anyone point to a good
> concise up to date example of using the ajaxformloop?   Is it necessary to
> specify an encoder anymore?  Thanks.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jim.

http://www.bodylabgym.com - a private, by appointment only, one-on-one