Hi all,

I am trying out the Zoneupdater mixin on a dropdown. What I want to do is as
follows:

When the user selects an option from the dropdown I want to trigger an event
that filters a list, which is then used on an autocomplete textfield. Sounds
simple enough but I don't quite understanding how to use the Zoneupdater to
target only specific fields in my form without changing the other fields.

To be more specific, I am using the Zoneupdater (code below) with a zone that
encloses a form, and the form encloses several textfields. For my use case I
only want to target one specific form element but don't know how to avoid the
zone refreshing everything. I.e.: As it stands now, any input in other fields
in the form is lost whenever I make a selection from the drop down menu due to
the zone update, is there another way?

.tml:

     <t:form >
       <!-- Textfield to autocomplete-->
        <t:textfield t:id="site" value="site"/>

       <t:select t:id="country" value="country" model="countriesModel"
               t:mixins="zoneUpdater" t:clientEvent="change"
t:event="changeOfCountry" t:zone="siteZone"/>

       <!-- The rest of the form elements below -->
    </t:form>

.java:

Object onChangeOfCountry() {
        country = request_.getParameter("param");
        return siteZone_.getBody();
}

Thanks in advance,
Peter