On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:40:18 -0300, Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Hi!

To be more specific, I am using the Zoneupdater (code below) with a zone that encloses a form, and the form encloses several textfields. For my use case I only want to target one specific form element but don't know how to avoid the zone refreshing everything. I.e.: As it stands now, any input in other fields in the form is lost whenever I make a selection from the drop down menu due to the zone update, is there another way?

To not lose the field values, submit the form.

To update just one field, you can create an event and trigger and handle it with a little bit of custom JavaScript and the JSON classes in Tapestry.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor