De: Andreas Andreou [mailto:andre...@gmail.com]
Date: sam. 07/08/2010 04:26
À: Tapestry users
Objet : Upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2

So, i picked a random 5.1 project from github (
http://github.com/lguerin/tapestwitter )
forked it, upgraded it to 5.2 and fixed all deprecation warnings...
take a look /comment at the
change logs at [1] and [2]

I've found 2 small things worth noticing:
1) the project was building a JSONObject and outputting it INSIDE a js
string - because by default
the json is now pretty-printed, the newlines where causing js errors.
The fix was to use json.toString(true)
2) The old renderSupport.addInit could accept a JSONArray and map the
elements to the function's arguments
Now you should build a JSONObject which will become the only argument
of the function and use javaScriptSupport...
Of course that's already documented and explained at [3] but i'm
thinking the old way will appear more straightforward
to some (i did spend some minutes trying to find how to send that
second parameter before understanding that i should
just bundle it along with the first inside a json)

[1]
http://github.com/andyhot/tapestwitter/commit/2dd797629cd0506a9fc5625e71100170c0cde300
[2]
http://github.com/andyhot/tapestwitter/commit/b815eb395d9e820833ebf875a310b6d440f65f46