Hi,

I do everything server side with the help of a custom
TimeZoneAwareDatePicker wrapping your tapx datepicker. It takes a
source (I store everything in UTC) and display timezone (the users
timezone) to do the conversion. This suits me because I will almost
always know my users timezone as they need to be logged in.

In all my applications where I need to be timezone aware, I make sure
to have my users specify it upfront and store it all server side. To
help my users I assume the most logical tz through some util classes I
build around http://icu-project.org/apiref/icu4j/. These util classes
have methods like getBestMatchingTimeZone(Locale locale).

Personally I wouldn't want to add a time zone drop down to a date
picker as it would be too much in my opinion.

Cheers,
Joost