In 5.1 it's not possible. As of 5.2 you can contribute a Resource from
context or classpath to the ComponentMessagesSource service:

    public static void contributeComponentMessagesSource(
          @Value("/foo/bar/baz.properties")
         Resource preappResource,
         OrderedConfiguration<Resource> configuration) {
        configuration.add("PreApp", preappResource, "before:AppCatalog");
    }

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko