On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:16:31 -0300, Rich M <rich...@moremagic.com> wrote:

Hi,

Hi!

Strangely enough, if I include <t:errors/> in the form of CustomerLogin, it actually displays the error, which really suprised me when I did a sanity check. I'm not sure why that gets triggered and not the AJAX bubbles from the ValidationDecorator that works in other places after form submit.

They're not AJAX bubbles: they're triggered by the JavaScript implementation of the validators (unless you created some validator that uses AJAX). In other words, there's validation that is done client-side though JavaScript (required, min, max, minlength, maxlength, etc) and they're also done server-side.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor