> I'm just a Tapestry lover that happens to be a Maven lover too. :) Maven has
> its quirks, but, to me, it saves me more time than consume.
>
>> We use ant-dependencies which chucks everything into my ~/.maven folder
>> similar to maven2, so I don't feel I'm missing out a lot,
>
> You're using Maven dependency management from Ant. Nice!

Tapestry is awesome, it frustrates me that I have to learn all this java tech
around it though - I'm returning from a 6 year java holiday when xml files and
servlets were a headache!

Yeah ant-dependencies is maven without the pom :)  just a simple
http://localhost/~chrismylonas/jboss/jars/<JBOSSHOME/common/lib jars> solves my
dependency stuff for compiling from ant.

> I never used EJB myself, so I cannot help you with this much. Using the
> m2eclipse plugin (new project -> Maven project -> next), I've found some EJB
> archetypes (ejb-jee5, ejb-javaee6) in the org.codehaus.mojo.archetypes group.
> Have you tried them?

Yep - these fail.

So, when I have a problem, I usually ask the people around me for help by
supplying a "Schooner* question" - the winner gets a schooner (it works with
poor university students :)   So if anyone on this list can shed any light,
i'll paypal you a schooner or two...

*schooner is beer glassware, so in your part of the world it could be a
Pint/Stein Question....