From: Andy Pahne [mailto:andy.pa...@googlemail.com]
Sent: 27 August 2010 23:59
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: [5.2.0] all our apps completly broken in IE8 (numerous
javascript errors)

Yeah, you hit it. We are using jQuery, as you suggested.

So, as I understand:

  - jQuery.noConflict() not working in IE8 (wo compatible mode)
  - the workaround is to enable compatible mode
  - IE8 and Javascript is to be considered broken

I think that, by adding the last four links, you suggest that I replace
scriptaculouos and prototype? Like  Onno did and described in his blog?
If so: I would not role my own tapestry.js (and keep it upd to date with
Tapestrys evolution) and replae both js-libraries in order to solve this
problem. That seems just like a bit too much for me. And, I would
replace them with jquery, just like Onno. And if I did so,
jQuery.noConflict() then would stil not work in IE8 without compatible
mode...

Thanks,
Andy