On 11-ott-2010, at 20:52, Chris Pall <chrisp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And no, it should not phone home - it should be invoked.
Ok. I see all your points:
- something already there but not automatic
- not about the application nor the usage data
- yes the version of the framework
- some feedback/news/hint/added-value

We have a set of requirements.Now we can start to sketch a solution

My proposal is something like a component deployed in the example application
directly on the index page with a simple form, and a field for comments if you
want to type something in it (and of course an hidden field with the version
number).

It's already there, you can inspect the code to see it's not steeling your
precious data, you can cheat if you want, it is simple as clicking a button, as
a feedback it will show a customized data about your locale and version.

Then you can provide a counter/page on the official web site that shows the
results of this in terms of counting how many submits you got.

It looks fair as a donate button ;)