Ok I found that I can @Inject RenderSupport and call it like:

  @SetupRender
    public void setupRender() {
     renderSupport.addStylesheetLink("CustomCSS", null);
    }

This works, but RenderSupport has been deprecated and "replaced" by
JavaScriptSupport.  Unfortunately JavaScriptSupport only has methods for
stylesheets that take Assets--and I can't create an asset that points to a
page. There isn't a method equivalent to renderSupport.addStylesheetLink
that takes a String.

Is there a replacement from RenderSupport.addStylesheetLink(String, String)
that I'm overlooking?

Mark