On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:42:17 -0200, Josh Kamau <joshnet2...@gmail.com> wrote:

I give up.

In my humble opinion, you're giving up too fast. In addition, your chosen path wasn't the best one. I think you should try to learn how to write pages and *use* components first. You should try to write your own components after learning how to use them. I'm a teacher and, by my experience, people learn more and faster when they're tackling one thing at a time, only moving forward when they've learned the previous studied object well.

I cant get simple things to work and the scattered documentation is not helping.

Tapestry's documentation is being rewritten at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Documentation.

I will wait till the year when there will be a Tapestry5 in action book.

If you read German, Igor Drobiazko, one of the Tapestry commiters wrote one. As far as I know, he's in the process of translating it to English. If you read Portuguese, I wrote one too. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java, Tapestry e Hibernate