Thanks Thiago for your encouragement.

Here is my layout class.

    <head>

    </head>

        <t:body/>

package com.josh.tcontacts.components;

import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Import;

@Import(stylesheet={"context:css/style.css"})
public class Layout {

}

Here is my scenario.

I have learnt how to create pages and how to create the layout component.
Learning how to use the individual ready made tapestry components is not
going to be a problem since the component reference is quite good.

My main problem so far is to manage the layout and to compose pages. I am
used to decomposing my pages into components. E.g i can have the header
component, the menus component, the EditUser component  e.tc. when ever i
want to create a new page, i can create the page and which will "inherit"
from the main layout but then be "Composed" of other components .  You may
have suspected that i have worked with wicket before i decided to try
tapestry. I could create panels in wicket and compose other pages using the
panels. That way i never repeat any markup .  Now i wanted to achieve the
same with tapestry and i know its possible. If i can be able to compose
pages, then working with the readily available components is not an issue.
Again , if i were to create each page and inherit the Layout, that wont be a
problem. How ever, i really need to be sure that i can split the markup into
various components and compose the pages as neccessary. I have read the book
by Kolesnikov but its referring mostly to tapestry 5.0 while there are major
features introduced in 5.2.x. So i used the book to learn the basic concepts
which i have understood. how ever, i wanted to learn the current stuff
regarding the UI components, annotations .e.t.c.

I hope you have a picture of my situation.

Again thanks alot for your help.

Regards.