i wouldn't worry about that js performance and i do believe that the
current is the
correct default behavior but i do understand that this change breaks
existing running apps.

I see three options:
- bring the ids back (framework change)
- implement some kind of postprocessor that adds an id to all labels
(application change,
but the code could eventually live in the framework)
- modify application js