On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 21:45:21 -0200, Chuck Kring <cjkr...@pacbell.net> wrote:

The issue is that I'm returning a PageLink from an event handler. There is no template involved.

Returning a component instance in an event handler isn't supported for any native Tapestry event except render lifecycle ones.

Having said that, I've come up with a workable solution for now. The event handler returns null and rather I use the onClick() event handler on the button with a URL constructed from the PageLink. It's messy but not too bad.

I would have preferred a setTarget() method on the Link.

Link != PageLink. Link is not a component and it only represents an URL. There's no way of returning one and getting it to open in another tab without using JavaScript.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor