You'd have to recursively build PropertyAdapters for all child propertys of the bean, something Grid is not designed to do.

To achieve what you want isn't that hard though:

<t:grid source="listOfCars" row="car" add="engine">
    ${car.engine.name}
</t:grid>

Pay attention to the different semantics of add and include.

Uli