Hi Howard,

Further to my last message, I just discovered that I was making a faulty assumption. When the pages are checked out of the pool, the engine locale is used to build the page key, but when they are released to the pool, the *page* locale is used! So overriding getLocale() on the page is indeed causing problems.

Can you tell me what the correct way of doing this is? Apart from wanting to give the users the ability to configure their language in their user settings in our application, it is also problematic that the locale that the browser provides is often missing the country, and Java often does not use correct date, time and number formats if the locale does not include the country.

And do you have any idea if this could also the root cause of my original problem? I don't really see how, since all this means as far as I can tell is that Tapestry will needlessly instantiate pages, but I still don't see how a page which still contains values from one session can end up on another session.

Kind regards,
Pepijn Schmitz