Same here. Using many Datasources. I even would say as much that tapestry caters really well for this as it allowed me through the use of a few simple custom services to inject my DAO's without ever having to worry about using the correct DS.

I don't use tap-hibernate as I prefer to completely seperate my persistance from presentation. I personally don't like the thought of having to change my presentation tier (tapestry) if we choose to use a different persistance tier.

my 2 cents,
Joost

On 9/02/11 3:08 PM, Newham, Cameron wrote:
Bit of an odd statement!

I'm using Hibernate with Spring and Tapestry and you can use multiple
data sources with that solution. No hacking involved.

I never have used Tapestry-Hibernate.

-----Original Message-----
From: antalk [mailto:ant...@intercommit.nl]
Sent: 09 February 2011 08:32
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: Re: Noticed another stackoverflow question on Tapestry 5, go
vote

True,

But they have forgotten to ask if the original poster wants to use
multiple
databases, if so i wouldn't encourage using Tapestry (sigh).

For me this is one of the biggest letdown's , i have written 2 apps in
Tap
5.2 who both require access to multiple datasources, but the inability
use multiple databases (through tap-hibernate) has required me to do
some
hacking around to get this working.

If i knew this beforehand i dont think i had choosen Tapestry..

On the other hand i think the framework is great and provides me with
enough
flexibilty to do what i want to do.