Hi

I'm trying to extend Tapestry's Select component.
My idea is to create EnumSelect class (class EnumSelect extends Select) that takes an Enum class as a parameter, and based on this creates SelectModel and ValueEncoder. Everything works fine, but each EnumSelect in a tml-file results in 2 rendered selects in output - at first Tapestry invokes render methods of EnumSelect and then Select.
What should I do to get only 1 select in rendered output?
Is it even possible to extend existing AbstarctField implementation? I do not see such an example in tapestry-core library.

Regards
Keio Kraaner