Out of curiosity ... does anyone out there rely on live class
(template, message catalog, whatever) reloading in their live,
production application?  Now, normally, I'd think not, because the
deployed app will be packaged in a WAR and the unit of redeployment is
the entire WAR ... but I suppose some people could be using the
"exploded WAR" format, which would allow classes and templates to be
updated while the application runs.

Live reloading is a feature that was originally intended for
development only; Tapestry 5.2 supports live reloading in the live
application, but as of yesterday, Tapestry 5.3 does NOT. I'm hoping to
see some improvements in throughput and a reduction in memory
utilization in production applications ... but it's not too late to
shift things so that 5.3 can support production reloading as well.
I'd prefer not to, however.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry