Hi Howard,

Maybe the question should really be:

Does anyone out there rely on live class
(template, message catalog, whatever) reloading in their live,
production application?

.... and what critical benefit does this offer?

I am with you on the paradox of choice. When I roll out new versions, there
are usually db schema and directory structure changes not just UI changes.
So the roll out has to have the server brought down.

I would love to have an atomic updating service. A new war is placed in a
staging location. The db update magically happens and then the older server
is brought down and replaced with the new server. But absence this magical
update genie, I would prefer the performance improvements because that will
be useful every day.

For those who feel that they need this, is there any sort of hooking that a
side project could use to restore this functionality without impact the
people who rather take the benefits of not having dynamic class loading in
production? Or maybe they just run in development mode on the production
box? ( maybe silly statement - but we are still on T4 :-( )

Patrick Moore
Amplafi
http://amplafi.com
mobile: 650-207-9792
"Put your front window on your front page"
personal blog : http://sworddance.com/blog