When we were looking at your course Howard, seemed perfectly fit,
covering all basics of the framework, very well. Therefore, not much
to comment on your question IMO since it's hard to improve something
already very good.

However, I see a lot of value in offering an advanced course, focusing
mostly around IOC container, analyzing and explaining Tapestry source
code. Debugging the framework, and implementing advanced concepts,
such composition over inheritance, custom annotations, etc etc....

Good example of practical material for such advanced course would be
recent examples from Taha's blog.

Adam