6 months on, this hasn't been looked at by a tapestry committer?

particularly
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1409
which is clearly a bug, and i've even posted a potential patch.

I'm starting new tapestry projects and copying a set of patches around is not ideal ;)

I understand that some of you use tapx or chenillekit for date pickers, but the default implementation should still work...

regards, Paul.