Rich M wrote:

> On 06/06/2011 12:20 PM, robnangle wrote:
>> Rich M wrote:

>>> Don't know the rest of your code, but if this boolean adminUser
>>> determines whether or not show pages, it should be persisted shouldn't
>>> it? Otherwise the value set here is going to clear. When is
>>> UpdatePoints() called?
>>>

>> Well does it have to be persisted? I call the adminUser() in every class
>> where it is necessary. The updatePoints() is the constructor so it will
>> be
>> called when the page is loading?
>>

> You might want to refresh your knowledge of the page render lifecycle
> and how pages/components operate in T5, based on your comment here.
>
> http://tapestry.apache.org/page-life-cycle.html
>
> Someone else might be better able to explain, but to my knowledge, a
> page is only constructed a minimal amount of times and re-used within
> the application. The page is not constructed to render a response for a
> request.
>
> You'd be looking to call the logic for a page "loading" or rather being
> requested in the onActivate method, or a render phase like @SetupRender.
>
> As for persisted or not, if you are maintaining a user session in your
> application, might I ask what the point is of recalculating their admin
> status if that never changes within a given session?
>
> http://tapestry.apache.org/persistent-page-data.html
>
> Most likely your page is not loading and assigning the adminUser boolean
> like you are expecting, and after your initial login, it's not calling
> any of that code anymore and thus your privileges appear to regress to a
> normal user, when really you aren't calculating them at all.
>
> You might have an easier time figuring this out using some System.out
> commands or better yet using the built-in logging support @Inject
> private Logger log; and provide a Log4J configuration file in
> src/main/resources

Yes I agree with you that it is pointless recalculating whether its an admin
user or not. However that constructor is defientley being called as the
transfers display in a sidebar and if it was not being called the transfers
would not display (also them transfers being persisted would make more sense
too).

So I dont think its a problem of it not being called or not?